Saturday, October 17, 2009

oh what a week!

My last post was just brief enough to convey, I think, the little bit of overwhelmedness (a word now) and trepidation that I felt toward the enterprise of taking on this two hour class in addition to my own classes and other responsibilities this week. But also, I hope that the excitement that I felt around it shone through in that short announcement as well, because really, it was such such such a joy to get back into the English classroom again. I won't go on at too much length here about the details of the class itself except to say that it was with the 9th Grade-- a whole class year of only FIVE people (three girls, two guys); it fell under the umbrella of the "Comedy and Tragedy" Block that happens in High School Humanities in Waldorf and I took up the thread at the start of their study of Shakespeare's Elizabethan comedy A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM. And what a blast!

I am in the midst of prepping for another big day tomorrow, one, though, that is dynamic enough, varied enough, to be the fodder of inspiration. Anticipate a long entry tomorrow-- focusing on a) teaching English vs. Games and my perspective thus far and b) AYURVEDA! My workshops this weekend through training were AMAZING and I'm so excited to share what I've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment